- “Software” means Vorex, Inc.’s Professional Services Automation or PSA (Also known as VorexPSA) Software with the current functionality provided by Vorex, Inc. It also includes any accompanying instructions, documentation, technical data, images, and other related materials.
- “Use” means storing, loading, installing, executing, or displaying the Software on a single device, and use of the Software by way of Vorex, Inc.’s server.
- “Product” means the downloadable or Executable Software product and its documentation as built at the time of the download or execution.
- “License” means the Software license grant and general license terms set forth herein.
- “Term of Agreement” means the period from the date a subscription is purchased to the date of termination by either the user or Vorex, Inc.
- “Subscriber” (sometimes referred to as “you”) means the individual or entity who purchases the subscription under this Agreement.
- “Customer” means Subscriber and any entity or individual who uses the Software through Subscriber’s subscription.
- “This Agreement” means this entire Software Subscription and License Agreement.
- “Reissue” means a product similar to the original Product downloaded or executed, but updated to include those features and fixes that are included in the current release.
- “Upgrade” means a new release of the Product that includes a substantial new facility or capability.
2. SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
- As part of this subscription, Subscriber receives a non-exclusive License as described below. Vorex, Inc. will provide updates to the Software, such as correction of “bugs” and certain limited improvements to existing functionality of the Software as Vorex, Inc. may choose to provide. The subscription does not automatically include new product releases by Vorex, Inc. Vorex, Inc. will provide the Customer with upgrades when they become available to existing Subscribers.
- The subscription entitles Customer to receive limited support seven days a week, except Vorex recognized holidays.
- Vorex, Inc. will charge the Subscriber a monthly fee equal to the number of total users multiplied by the user fee in effect. Vorex service is billed in advance, if you purchase this subscription, you are authorizing Vorex, Inc. to immediately bill your credit card or invoice you for the first monthly fee and to bill your credit card or invoice you each month thereafter in approximately 30 day intervals. If for any reason any of our charges for these fees are rejected or refused by your credit card issuer or your checks are refused or returned by your financial institution, this Agreement and your subscription and license to Use the Software will automatically terminate without notice and all Customer data may be withheld or possibly deleted. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that payments are made and to update your billing information; or if you should cancel or wish to change the credit card for our billing purposes. All payments must be made in US dollars.
- You may add or remove any number of users at any time. The billing impact of any change in the number of users will take effect on the following billing cycle, meaning that added users in the middle of a billing period will be charged in full starting the following billing period, and Removed users in the middle of a billing period will not be refunded for the remaining days of that billing period. There will be no refunds or credits for partial days of service or for unused days/months with an open account.
- You may upgrade or downgrade your subscription at any time. The functional impact to the upgrade or downgrade will take effect immediately. The billing impact of any changes to the subscription level will take effect on the following billing cycle. There will be no refunds or credits for partial days of service, upgrade/downgrade of an account, or for unused days/months with an open account.
- Vorex, Inc. will discontinue billing your credit card or invoice you for any months after the month in which termination occurred. We will not pro-rate or refund any fees paid for the month in which termination occurred.
- Subscriber may not assign or transfer this Agreement without a prior written approval by Vorex, Inc. Any such attempted assignment or transfer without a prior approval by Vorex, Inc. will be null and void. Vorex, Inc. may terminate this Agreement in the event of any such attempted assignment or transfer without a prior written approval by Vorex, Inc.
- By accepting this Agreement and purchasing this Subscription, Subscriber represents and warrants that Subscriber is at least 18 years of age and/or is otherwise legally able to enter into a binding contract.
- You are solely responsible for the proper cancellation of your account. You may cancel your account at any time through the My Account page within your portal. This is the only way to cancel your account. Phone, fax, or email requests to cancel your account are not considered cancellation. There are no cancellation fees. There will be no refunds or credits for the remaining billing period if you cancel your account in the middle of the billing period.
3. LICENSE GRANT AND TERMS
- The Software is owned and copyrighted by Vorex, Inc. or by third party suppliers. The Software License confers no title or ownership and is not a sale of any rights in the Software. Customer is granted only the right to Use the Software without right of sublicense.
- Customer must retain all patent, copyright notices and other proprietary legends in or on the original Software. Customer may not remove from the Software, or alter, any of the Vorex, Inc. trademarks, trade names, logos, patent or copyright notices or markings, or add any other notices or markings to the Software. Customer may not copy the Software onto any public or distributed network.
- Customer may not modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to access or determine the source code of the Software, copy, reproduce or distribute the Software in any way in whole or in part or create any derivative work based on the Software. Any use of these materials on any other website or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. The Software is copyrighted and any unauthorized use of it is prohibited. If Customer breaches any of these terms, the License to Use the Software automatically terminates and Customer must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed materials.
- Customer may not export or re-export this software or any copy or adaptation in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
- Customer agrees that Software contains proprietary information including trade secrets, know how and confidential information that is the exclusive property of Vorex, Inc. During the period this Agreement is in effect and at all times after its termination, Customer and its employees and agents shall maintain the confidentiality of this information and not sell, license, publish, display, distribute, disclose or otherwise make available this information to any third party nor use such proprietary information concerning the Software, including any flow charts, logic diagrams, user manuals and screens, to persons not an employee of Customer without the prior written consent of Vorex, Inc.
- Customer permits Vorex to display the Customer business name, logo, geographical information, related industry, and approximate size in any media outlet, including printed, radio, TV, and web, for advertising purposes, unless requested otherwise by the Customer in writing.
- Customer permits Vorex to use the Customer’s software usage of the service data in an anonymous manner to aggregate, process, and display statistical and usage data, provided that such information cannot be used to identify the Customer.
- You may not access this service, through the free trial or paid subscription, if you were a direct competitor, except with Vorex’s written permission
4. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS
- TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THIS SOFTWARE AND THE ACCESS TO OUR SERVER ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, Vorex, Inc. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS ASSUMED BY YOU. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY VOREX, INC. OR VOREX, INC.’S AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. VOREX, INC. DOES NOT REPRESENT THAT ITS SERVER WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES OR WILL BE FUNCTIONING PROPERLY WHEN YOU OR OTHERS WISH TO ACCESS THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SOFTWARE. OUR SERVER IT MAY BE UNAVAILABLE AT TIMES FOR MAINTENANCE OR FOR A VARIETY OF OTHER REASONS. WE ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PERIODS OF UNAVAILABILITY AND YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUNDS FOR THOSE PERIODS WHEN THE SERVER IS NOT AVAILABLE OR IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of implied warranties or conditions, so the above exclusion may not apply to you to the extent prohibited by applicable laws. However, Vorex, Inc strives to maintain high availability of service and make every reasonable effort to correct Software Technology related issues and protect Customer data.
- EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL VOREX, INC. OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST DATA, OR DOWNTIME COSTS), ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER BASED IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT Vorex, Inc. WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Vorex, Inc.’s and its suppliers’ entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be, at Vorex, Inc.’s option from time to time exercised subject to applicable law, (a) return of the price paid (if any) for the Product, or (b) repair or replacement of the Product.
- NOTE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, THESE WARRANTY TERMS DO NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT OR MODIFY, AND ARE IN ADDITION TO, THE MANDATORY STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO THE LICENSE OF THE SOFTWARE TO YOU; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS IS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED AND SHALL NOT GOVERN OR APPLY TO THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT.
- Vorex, Inc. DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL FUNCTION ON OR BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR DEVICE. VOREX, INC. DOES NOT PROMISE OR WARRANT THAT YOUR DEVICE WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE FUNCTIONALITY AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SERVER. IT IS CUSTOMER’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT CUSTOMER’S DEVICE AND INTERNET ACCESS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THE SOFTWARE AND THE SERVER FUNCTIONALITY.
- Customer agrees not to use the Software or the Subscription to interfere with or disrupt servers or networks connected to the Software.
6. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- This Agreement and any disputes arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, USA, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Customer hereby expressly consents to the jurisdiction and venue in Dallas, Texas over any disputes arising from or related in any manner to this Agreement. The parties hereby expressly exclude the application of the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods to the Agreement.
- If any term or provision herein is determined to be illegal or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms or provisions herein will remain in full force and effect. Failure or delay in enforcing any right or provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision with respect to any subsequent breach. Provisions herein which by their nature extend beyond the termination of any license of Software will remain in effect until fulfilled.
- This Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any previous communications, representations or agreements between the parties, whether oral or written, regarding transactions hereunder. Customer’s additional or different terms and conditions will not apply. This Agreement may not be changed except by an amendment signed by an authorized representative of each party.